Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dream

When you close your eyes, what is it that you see?
In your world of dreams, in your reflection?
Within the lonely sky, the stars' light continues to exist.
A ghost of the past, a continuing light.
Is time infinite, what does eternal really mean?
Within an artificial paradise, our now mechanical world.
The little things things we cherished are disappearing, rusting away with the fake truths and morality.
Like wires cutting into my skin, are thoughts and words that are cruel.
I see a world that may soon lose it's humanity, a world filled with the illusions of joy that we brought upon ourselves.
When I close my eyes, I see a peaceful world that may never come to be.
Yet I still dream that dream, over and over again.
At times we wish for change, yet most don't try.
To change the things that make the world unhappy.
In your world of dreams, what is it that you see?
What is the world you wish to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment