Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Butterfly

On this day, I cried.
For the butterfly who brought joy to my world, who is no longer here.
Our time together was short but I will never forget the little things that you did.
The happy and sad moments we had together, may soon fade from my memory.
Yet I will not forget the love you showed me.
You the butterfly that brought me joy, are no longer here.
I can no longer hear your voice, see your smiling face, or feel the warmth of your embrace.
On this day my life changed.
On this day I saw the shadows that bring sorrow to the world.
Yet you the butterfly that I can no longer meet, is still in my heart.
A light within the shadows of my heart.
My life may be short, yet I will continue to live.
Till the very end.
You the butterfly who brought me joy so long ago, I promise to become a butterfly that brings joy to others.
Today I am crying, yet I am smiling as I remember you and I together so long ago.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Grandmom. So touched.

    ReplyDelete