Tuesday, October 12, 2021

A Small Wish - Rewrite

On a flower-covered cliff overlooking the sea, stands a lone girl dressed in white. Once so many years ago at this place, a promise was made between dear friends.

Together they wrote their wishes on paper, and put them in a small bottle. Hoping that as it floated far out to sea, their wishes would someday come true.

Drifting away, the wishes disappear upon the horizon. Taking the hopes and dreams of dear friends. It still feels like it was just yesterday, that we all once stood here together.

One day a prince and a peasant girl came and made a vow. Forever binding their heart and souls to each other, but that was when it all began to fall apart. When fate showed them the cruel truth of the world. 

This story of ours once had a happy beginning, but now you are no longer here. So here I stand, holding onto a wish, hoping that it may someday reach you.

Drifting away is my small wish, my tiny hope. Filled with sorrow and a bit of regret. To protect me you gave up your kind and loving heart. So, you could give me a future.

Drifting away, the wishes disappear upon the horizon. Taking a prayer far away to the sky beyond. I hope for the day where we are all reunited again, and sharing the same happy future.

Standing alone upon the cliff, as my prayer drifts away. Filled with sorrow and a bit of regret. If we could just start it all over again, would I be able to bring you back to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment