Saturday, May 1, 2021

Even as I Fall

I’m falling down, through the window.
I’m falling down, through the treetops.
Just where am I going? Where are you?
I’m falling down, far into the void of space.
That never-ending sky, full of stars.
Why aren’t you here?
I can’t find you anywhere, even as I fall.
You left behind only a sprig of mistletoe and a piece of snapdragon,
Wrapped with ivy and nightshade.
At the roots of the yew tree, the place we last met.
Cinnamon and cedar, bunches of heliotrope and orange blooms.
Cannot heal what you have broken.
I’m falling down, through the window.
Onto a bed of hawthorn, birch, mahogany, and milkweed.
I cannot forgive, but I will let go.
As I weave a charm of juniper and fireweed.
Even as I’m falling down, far off into the sea of stars.
I will rise and I will burn bright again.
I will rise again;

No comments:

Post a Comment