Friday, July 7, 2017

Beneath the Summer Sun

Beneath the summer sun,
We played within the calm waves of the sea.
Forgetting life’s troubles,
Every time we smiled.
It all seemed so far away.
Like a faint dream.
A hazy memory.
Till one day it came again,
And took it all away.
Upon the wind,
The evening breeze,
We sent our dreams, our wishes,
Upon a piece of paper,
And sent it to the distant stars.
It still hasn’t come true.
Those dreams and wishes,
Of our past.
As I watched you leave,
I tried so hard to call out your name.
But it was already lost,
To the void of silence.
On that summer day,
So long ago.
We made a promise.
One we promised never to break,
Yet sadly, you are no longer here to keep it.
Upon the gentle waves,
We watched as the blue-green sea,
Turned into a mirror,
That let us sail in the sky.
And in that sky,
You promised me,
That you would always be by my side.
Beneath the summer sun,
On that day, so long ago,
Within the waves of the sea,
We promised each other,
To someday meet each other again someday.
Today, on this summer day.
Beneath the summer sun.
I stand within the calm waves of the sea.
As I let it all go, upon a piece of paper.
And watch as my wish flies away,
To the place where you now sleep.
I hope that we'll someday meet again.

1 comment: